Emerging Professional in Child Maltreatment Grant
The Emerging Professional in Child Maltreatment Grant was created by the CPS Child and Youth Maltreatment Section to foster the developing interest of a medical trainee in the field of child maltreatment. The grant will support travel and participation costs of a trainee at the annual National Symposium on Advanced Practices in Child Maltreatment (aka “Toronto Symposium”). The section may award one grant annually, up to a maximum of $1,350.
Upon completion of the Symposium, grant recipients are required to submit a brief (500 word) report to the section executive on information learned and reflection on how this may be incorporated into future practice.
Submission deadline: March 31
- Be a medical trainee (medical student, resident, fellow) with a strong interest in the field of child maltreatment paediatrics
- Have a letter of support of a CPS member of the Child and Youth Maltreatment Section (Sponsor)
- Be available to attend in full the Symposium on Advanced Practices in Child Maltreatment Paediatrics
Applications must be submitted using the online application form. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Submissions must include:
- A completed application form
- Letter(s) of support from sponsor (member of the Child and Youth Maltreatment Section)
- Current CV