The Canadian Paediatric Society’s continuing professional development program supports the lifelong learning needs of paediatricians, paediatric subspecialists and other child health professionals helping them provide the best health care to Canada's children and youth.
- Aborginal child and youth health: Guidelines and consideration for paediatric residents. This training program was launched in May 2011, and is being delivered in academic centres across Canada by CPS members with experience and expertise in caring for First Nations, Inuit and Métis children and youth. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acute Care of at-Risk Newborns is a program to teach neonatal stabilization, support the multidisciplinary team, and identify and care for babies who become unwell or are at risk of becoming unwell in the first few hours or days after birth.
- The CPS Annual Conference is held in June offering education opportunities on a wide variety of paediatric topics and in many different learning formats.
- eCME is professional online education and a convenient way to update your paediatric knowledge. These courses are designed by experts, and based on the most current medical knowledge.
- The Global Child Health Curriculum is a training program that provides Canadian Paediatric trainees with foundational knowledge around global child health issues.
- The Education Program for Immunization Competencies (EPIC), formely known as the Immunization Competencies Education Program (ICEP) provides an overview of the Immunization Competencies for Health Professionals, and aims to improve the skills of Canadian immunization providers and promote safe and competent immunization practices, through an interprofessional learning environment.
- The 28th International Pediatric Congress, co-hosted by the International Pediatric Association and the CPS, will be held in Vancouver, British Columbia, August 17-22, 2016. Held every 3 years, the conference will bring together paediatricians and child/youth health specialists from around the world. “Community, Diversity, Vitality” is the theme, reflecting both the meeting location and the program content. For more information visit the congress website.
- The International Meeting on Indigenous Child Health is a biennial conference hosted with the American Academy of Pediatrics for health care providers and researchers who work with children, youth and families in American Indian, Alaska Native, First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities.
- Lifelong Learning in Paediatrics Courses provide focused, hands-on learning in specific content areas. They are offered twice annually in the fall and the winter.
- Maintenance of Certification is a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada program designed to enhance the professional development of specialists.
- The Neonatal Resuscitation Program is an educational program that introduces the concepts and skills of neonatal resuscitation to individuals and teams who may be required to resuscitate newborn babies.
- PREP ® The Curriculum is a comprehensive and self-directed continuing education program for paediatric health care providers.
Sep 14 2016