PREP the Curriculum®
The Pediatrics Review and Education Program (PREP ®) is an extended “family” of self-directed continuing medical education programs for paediatric health professionals, developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and offered in partnership with the CPS.
As a 2013 PREP® Self-Assessment subscriber, you can:
- earn CME credits and review for the Maintenance of Certification™ (MOC) exam
- learn in general paediatrics or subspecialty areas
- identify knowledge gaps and make an individual learning plan
- keep your practice current
Subscribe today and receive the AAP discounted rate
- More than 250 case-based questions with detailed explanations of the preferred response, along with a discussion of why other choices were considered wrong
- New Performance Summary allows you to compare your performance in each topic area with that of your peers.
- the options of learning in print, on CD-ROM or online
- full-colour images and links to suggested readings
- exam-to-learning-mode options, with lots of ways to self-evaluate and review
- the chance to earn up to 40 credit hours under MOC Section 3
Be a 2013 PREP® The Curriculum subscriber, and you’ll receive:
- All of the above, plus
- 12 issues of Pediatrics in Review®, in print or online
- excellent preparation for the MOC exam
- the chance to earn up to 36 credit hours under MOC Section 2
Or, be a subspecialty learner…
Earn up to 24 hours under MOC Section 3, in any of the following PREP® Subspecialties: adolescent medicine, critical care, developmental and behavioral paediatrics, emergency medicine, endocrinology, hematology-oncology, infectious diseases, neonatology, nephrology, and pulmonology.
Download the new PREP Catalogue for more information.
* N.B. All learning materials are available in English only.
CPS members receive the discounted AAP rate. Pay as low as $275 (US$).
PREP for Residents
Abbott Nutrition sponsors PREP The Curriculum subscriptions for paediatrics residents in Canada and the United States. Please speak to your program director in order to receive your free subscription. For more information about PREP for residents, contact Doris Santos at DSantos@aap.org.
For more information or assistance, contact:
The American Academy of Pediatrics customer service centre:
Jan 29 2014