Community Paediatrics Resident Travel Grant
To help residents gain experience outside of urban or academic settings, the CPS Community Paediatrics Section has created the Community Paediatrics Resident Travel Grant. Up to $5000 can be awarded annually to one (or multiple) applicant(s) to encourage completion of completing an elective in community or /general paediatric practice.
Submission deadline: March 31 or October 31
- Are enrolled in an accredited Canadian paediatric residency program, in the second, third, or fourth year of training
- Are members of the CPS
- Have a hosting paediatrician. Preference will be given to electives with hosting paediatricians that are CPS members.
- Are supported by their residency program director
- Have consulted with community leaders for electives in First Nation, Inuit and Metis communities
Eligible electives are:
- Approved by the candidate’s training program
- In Canada, with travel occuring after December 31
- Aligned with the strategic directions of the CPS
- In locations where the resident must pay travel or accomodation costs
- Not part of hte resident’s required community paediatrics or social paediatrics rotation
After completing their elective, grant recipients are required to submit a brief (1-2 page) report to the section executive, which will be posted in the CPS Member Centre and considered for publication in other CPS venues, such as the CPS News
Applications must be submitted using the online application form and be received 2 months prior to travel and before the application deadline (March 31 or October 31). Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Be sure to include:
- A letter from your program director indicating good standing in your residency program and approval for your upcoming elective
- A letter of acceptance from the hosting paediatrician for the elective