Rourke Baby Record
The Rourke Baby Record (RBR) is an evidence-based health supervision guide for physicians and health care providers caring for children in the first five years of life.
Originally developed in 1979 by Drs. Leslie and James Rourke, family physicians currently living in St. John’s Nfld, the latest revision was completed in February 2014 in collaboration with Dr. Denis Leduc, a paediatrician from Montreal, Que., and past president of the Canadian Paediatric Society. Epidemiologic support was provided by Dr. Patricia Li and Bruno Riverin.
Using the Rourke Baby Record
The RBR is available to download at no charge for all health professionals.
- Rourke Baby Record: Evidence-based infant/child health maintenance guides 1-4 (birth to 5 years) and immunization record. Available in English or French and National or Ontario-secific versions.
- WHO Growth Charts adapted for Canada for the primary care setting (updated in March 2014)
The Rourke Baby Record website includes:
- The Guides in English and French for downloading and printing in the office-setting.
- Highlights of changes made to the 2014 RBR.
- Common questions and answers
- Links to additional resources for healthcare providers and parents.
For more information:
For evidence-based guides to preventive health care from ages 6 to 17 years, consult Preventive Health Care visits for children and adolescents ages 6 to 17 years: The Greig Health Record.