Running NRP courses
Here are some suggestions for running NRP courses:
- Ask participants to provide you with their unique email address. The new database now allows them to access their NRP profile and card at any time.
- Participants need to successfully complete the Canadian online exam prior to attending the course, and to bring the “Certificate of Completion” with them to the course. Please consult the NRP Online Exam FAQ on this topic.
- Ensure your participants record the following information clearly and legibly on your sign-in or registration sheet. This is the information you will need to submit the roster.
- First name and last name
- Affiliated hospital or institution
- City and province where they practice
- Email address (unique to the student)
It is especially important that names are spelled as they will appear on the Provider’s NRP card.
- After your course, submit your course roster to the NRP Instructor Database.
Immediately after submitting your course roster, students will receive an email with information on how to retrieve their provider card. If a student does not receive an email within a day of the course roster being submitted, please have them contact CPS staff at email@example.com.
New Instructor courses
- Provide your new Instructors with the NRP Instructor registration form and ensure they understand how to become a registered NRP Instructor.