NRP Online Examination
Guide to taking the NRP online exam through HealthStream
- You must pass the exam within 30 days of starting the in-person course.
- You must bring proof of completion to the course (online examination verification certificate).
- You must pass the exam within 12 months of starting the in-person course.
- As of January 2014, Instructors renewing will need to complete the exam before their renewal date. There is no charge for current Instructors to take the exam.
About the Exam
- Taking the NRP exam online prior to the course encourages participants to be responsible for their own learning and lays the groundwork for successful completion of the course.
- It is available in English and in French.
- It has been designed into two parts: lessons 1-5 and lessons 6-11. All exam lessons are now mandatory.
- Learners have unlimited attempts to pass the exam. A passing mark is 80% in each section.
- Learners have an unlimited amount of time to complete exam.
- Upon successful completion of the exam, learners will receive an online examination verification certificate and certificate of continuing education (CME).
- Your receipt for the purchase of the exam can be found in your HealthStream account.
Purchasing the Exam
- Individual purchases: a learner can purchase the exam for $ 28.50 USD.
- Bulk purchases: an insitution can purchase exams in bulk, with discounts based on the number of exams purchased. Click here to order bulk exams.
- First 50 exams: $ 28.50 USD.
- 51-100 exams: $ 27.00 USD.
- 101-500 exams: $ 25.50 USD.
- Over 500 exams: $ 24.00 USD.
HealthStream Customer Support
1-800-521-0574, selection #2