When filling out a course roster, please keep the following tips in mind. Doing so will help reduce follow-ups and delays with Provider card deliveries.
- Credentials – A credential must be indicated for each student on the roster. Options are available in the drop-down menu, or you may type their status using the “Other” selection. Acceptable entries include “RN Student”, “Med. Student,” or “Paramedic.”
- Correct spelling – Enter all participants’ names correctly and legibly.
- Email address – Please ensure that you have unique email addresses for each participant, as this will be how they receive their Provider card.
New Instructor registration
After completing a New Instructor course, please remind students that they must follow the directions below in order to become registered in the national database with the Canadian Paediatric Society:
- Successfully “Team Teach” an NRP Provider Course supervised by their NRP Instructor Trainer (IT) or delegate. They must bring the registration form to the course, and have it signed by the supervising IT.
- Complete the registration form and return it to the Canadian Paediatric Society with the $115 plus applicable taxes registration fee. This fee is payable every three years.
Once the appropriate documentation is received, they will be provided with an Instructor ID number and will receive their new Instructor card.
Three months prior to your NRP Instructor status expiring, you will be sent an email (to your preferred email address) with information for completing the NRP Online exam. One month before your renewal date, you will receive another email indicating whether or not you have met the minimum requirements, as well as information on how to pay your renewal fee. The payment of $115 plus applicable taxes can be made by cheque, Visa or MasterCard, through your online profile, by mail or by telephone.
If you are unable to access the database, click on the link “Forgot your password” and follow the instructions to reset your password. Once a password has been confirmed, please write it down and keep it in a secure location for future reference.