7th edition information
The 7th edition of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program was released in Canada in Fall 2016.
7th edition resources - New!
- 7th edition Canadian NRP Update - Powerpoint presentation
- Main Clinical changes for NRP - infographic
- AAP Webinar September 7, 2016 (recording) - Newborn Resuscitation: The Science of NRP, 7th Edition
2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
AAP/AHA 2015 NRP Guidelines Summary (English)
The Canadian NRP Executive committee has reviewed and is in agreement with the above summary. The only changes to amend in this document are the dates for implementation: the Canadian version will be released in Fall 2016 and must be in use by September 30, 2017.
7th edition timelines
- Fall 2016—Launch of all NRP 7th edition products, materials, and National Instructor Launches and Provincial Instructor updates
- September 30, 2017—7th edition mandatory implementation date
What changes will be made for the NRP 7th edition?
This Spring, the AAP will be releasing an online simulation exercise called NRP eSim®. This new methodology allows learners to integrate the NRP algorithmic steps in a virtual environment. In Canada, the eSim® will not be mandatory; however, it will be available through Healthstream, the company that administers the NRP online examination.
NRP 7th edition materials - what’s new?
The Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 7th Edition will now have 11 chapters:
- Foundations of Neonatal Resuscitation
- Preparation for Resuscitation
- Initial Steps of Newborn Care
- Positive‐Pressure Ventilation
- Alternative Airways: Endotracheal Tubes and Laryngeal Masks
- Chest Compressions
- Post‐Resuscitation Care
- Resuscitation and Stabilization of Babies Born Preterm
- Special Considerations
- Ethics and Care at the End of Life