The Emerging Professional in Child Maltreatment Grant
The Emerging Professional in Child Maltreatment Grant was created by the CPS Child and Youth Maltreatment Section to foster the developing interest of a medical trainee in the field of child maltreatment. The grant will support travel and participation costs of a trainee at the annual National Symposium on Advanced Practices in Child Maltreatment (aka “Toronto Symposium”). The section may award one grant annually, up to a maximum of $1,350.
Upon completion of the Symposium, grant recipients are required to submit a brief (500 word) report to the section executive on information learned and reflection on how this may be incorporated into future practice.
Submission deadline: March 31
- Be a medical trainee (medical student, resident, fellow) with a strong interest in the field of child maltreatment paediatrics
- Have a letter of support of a CPS member of the Child and Youth Maltreatment Section (Sponsor)
- Be available to attend in full the Symposium on Advanced Practices in Child Maltreatment Paediatrics
Submissions must include:
- A completed application form
- Letter(s) of support from sponsor (member of the Child and Youth Maltreatment Section)
- Current CV
Applications must be received by March 31:
- Submit by email to: email@example.com
- Email subject: “Application Emerging Professional Grant 2017_LAST NAME”
- Include application form, letter of support, and CV as separate attachments
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.