Hospital Paediatrics Resident Grant
The Hospital Paediatrics Section grant promotes interest in hospital paediatrics. Awarded annually, this $500 grant is presented to a qualified individual to offset the cost of presenting academic work (i.e. quality improvement, education, advocacy, research) in hospital paediatrics.
Submission deadline: March 31
- Be actively enrolled in an accredited paediatric residency program
- Be a resident member of the CPS Hospital Paediatrics Section
- Have an accepted abstract, in the field of hospital paediatrics, for presentation at a major national or international meeting (e.g. CPS Annual Conference, Pediatric Academic Society, etc.).
Applications must be submitted by March 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include:
- A letter outlining the applicant’s interest in the field of hospital paediatrics. Maximum of 2 pages.
- A copy of the submitted abstract
- Documentation of accepted abstract
- An updated curriculum vitae. Maximum of 3 pages.
Elizaveta Limenis - Improving outpatient follow-up after discharge from hospital for patients with Sickle Cell Disease at high risk for readmission
Maya Harel-Sterling - A 16-month-old boy with worsening encephalitis
Jessica Malach & Julia Sorbara -Subspecialty Consultations on the General Paediatrics Ward
Brett Burstein - Emergency Department and Inpatient Management of Febrile Infants Under Six-Weeks of Age: Perceived Utility of Respiratory Virus Testing
Carrie Slatter - Characteristics and Treatment of Children Admitted to Hospital for Severe Iron Deficiency Anemia
Sarah Khan and Deena Savlov