Greig Health Record
The Greig Health Record, published in 2010 and updated in 2016, is an evidence-based health promotion guide for clinicians caring for children and adolescents aged 6 to 17 years.
It provides a template for periodic health visits that is easy to use and adapt for electronic medical records. Evidence-based information is displayed, where possible, on the record itself, and levels of evidence are indicated in bold face for good evidence and in italics for fair evidence.
Checklist templates include sections for growth and weight; psychosocial history and development; nutrition; physical activity and sedentary behaviour; sleep; injury prevention; abuse; the physical exam; immunization; and other specific concerns. Included with the checklist tables are five pages of selected guidelines and resources. Regular updates are planned.
The College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Canadian Paediatric Society endorse the Greig Health Record and its supporting literature.
Health professionals can download the pdf files and reproduce them for office use. Any other use requires permission of the author.
- Executive Summary
- Technical Report (available in English only)
- The Greig Health Record: Ages 6, 7, 8, 9
- The Greig Health Record: Ages 10, 11, 12, 13
- The Greig Health Record: Ages 14, 15, 16, 17
- Selected guidelines and resources: Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5
- For evidence-based guides to preventive health care from birth to age 5, consult the Rourke Baby Record.
To track children's growth, consult Promoting Optimal Monitoring of Child Growth in Canada: Using the New WHO Growth Charts.